Thursday, August 17, 2006

N.B. Election Issues - Energy Items

Again the politicians will buy the votes of NB citizens with the voters' own money. And like the whores the voters are, they will vote for whoever puts the most in their(voters') pockets. Never mind policies for the greater good.

Take gasoline and power. Both the Conservatives and Liberals are now offering a reduction in gas tax, ah, money in the pockets of the voters. The Conservatives are rebating the NB share of the sales tax of the NB Power bills. More money for the whores. What needs to be done is to encourage conservation and making energy artifically cheaper, does not do this. Leave the gas tax where it is, increase it even, then maybe the people will get serious and buy energy efficient vehicles. Same for power, never mind the rebate. That works counter to any efforts to get homeowners to reduce their electrical usage.

Last year, I personally added insulation to my attic and three years earlier, I added insulation to my exterior walls and replaced all the doors and windows with higher quality items. All without a nickel of help from the government. I am benefiting now with lower power bills inspite of the rate increases.

So I say, vote for the party that encourages conservation, if we have such a party. Or are we going to be a herd of whores. Speak up at your political meetings. If you take my stance, be prepared for catcalls.

3 Comments:

At August 25, 2006 8:38 AM , Blogger Lou said...

One thing that I am learning is that you do not want to leave things up to politicians regardless of their party affiliation. Take matters into your own hands!

I am looking at the cost and installation of a power generating wind mill of some type. It would probably pay for itself in a couple of years.

 
At August 25, 2006 11:51 PM , Blogger Canuckguy said...

Gee Lou:

We are on the same wavelength on that topic. I noticed a house just a 5 minute walk from mine that has a solar panel and a wind mill. I plan to visit to see how it is working out for him.

 
At August 27, 2006 11:19 PM , Blogger Canuckguy said...

Lou:
--I did some digging and apparently I cannot delete comments once they are posted. So I activated the 'moderation' option and I shall just review the comments before I let them be posted.
--However I am surprised that one cannot delete comments because I have seen evidence of it. I wonder if I am missing something.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home