Thursday, May 22, 2008

Sham Marriages

Lately(May 2008) there has been a spate of articles in the Globe & Mail about the racket of sham marriages. It usually involves women being suckered into an arranged marriage with some bum foreigner looking to fast track into the country. However some men are played for suckers as well. This country should immediately deport these frauds.

Anyway, I personally know a girl, early 20’s who was suckered in. When I was chatting her up 2 years ago, she mentioned she was engaged. As I saw her man occasionally and assuming he was middle eastern from his appearance, I asked her where he was from. When she told me he was a student from Morocco and that he was not asking her to convert(to Islam). As soon as I heard that, I would have bet my bottom dollar he was using her to get to stay in the country. The part of ‘non-conversion’ clinched my opinion. Well guess what? When I saw her after a two year absence, I found out that he married and divorced her and is now a permanent resident in this country. You know, I could have told her that was going to happen but let’s face it, in such situations, women will not listen to such cautions. In fact, she would have been very angry at me if I had expressed my misgivings. There are many more dumb broads like her.

As usual, Canada is useless and gutless to crack down on this stuff.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home